Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the new Shannon South Campus
What is the new name for San Angelo Community Medical Center and Community Medical Associates?
Both facilities – San Angelo Community Medical Center and Community Medical Associates – will be joining Shannon as our South Campus in San Angelo.
- San Angelo Community Medical Center and its departments will be referred to as Shannon South.
- The CMA clinics will become part of Shannon Clinic.
- CMA 1 will be Shannon Clinic South 1
- CMA 2 will be Shannon Clinic South 2
- CMA 3 will be Shannon Clinic South 3
- The Williams Family Center will remain on the 2nd floor of the hospital.
- The Express Care Clinic on Bryant will be named Shannon Urgent Care Bryant.
- The Community Surgery Center will be named Shannon Surgery Center South.
What changes for patients now that San Angelo Community Medical Center and Community Medical Associates are part of the Shannon South Campus?
The facilities have new names as part of our Shannon South Campus, but we do not plan to make any changes with any of the facilities and services at this time. Patients can still receive care from their providers at our Shannon South Campus. As Shannon will honor existing insurance plans, we expect many patients will now have greater access to local providers and specialists. Patients may choose to receive care at either facility or from any providers in our Shannon network.
One benefit that Shannon Clinic South (former CMA) patients will see immediately is the transition of the registration, billing and medical records system to our Shannon Epic system. Patients will also have access to MyChart, our Epic patient portal. Most importantly, all of the Providers and Associates throughout our expanded Shannon network remain committed to delivering exceptional care and service to our patients and guests.
Health Information/Medical Records
Where can I get copies of my previous medical records at San Angelo Community Medical Center or Community Medical Associates?
Shannon’s Health Information Management department (HIM) will be available to help you get your records from Shannon, Community Medical Center and Community Medical Associates. For all records requests, you may contact our Shannon HIM Department by emailing ROIRequests@shannonhealth.org or calling 325-657-5198. We will ask you to complete an authorization for release of medical records to return along with a copy of your valid picture ID. This form is available for download from the Shannon website. These may returned via email to ROIRequests@shannonhealth.org or by US mail to:
Shannon Health System
Attn: HIM/Release of Information
120 E. Harris Ave
San Angelo, Texas 76903
Please allow 7-10 days for processing of the request. You will be contacted when records are ready. Records will be sent to you via MyChart, which is the preferred method. If you do not have a MyChart account, you can sign up by visiting the Shannon website at shannonhealth.com. Records can also be mailed to you by request. Records requested to be sent to other facilities or third parties will be sent directly to them.
How can I access my health information for visits after Community becomes a part of Shannon?
MyChart is the Shannon Patient Portal. MyChart enables you to see visit summaries, access test results, schedule and request appointments, message your provider and pay your bill. To set up a MyChart account or to learn more about the system, visit mychart.shannonhealth.org.
Can I still access my patient portal and health info from Community Medical Center and Community Medical Associates?
- Yes, the AthenaHealth patient portal is still available with your health information prior to CMA joining Shannon. You may still access it by going to: https://1902-2.portal.athenahealth.com. No additional information will be added after CMA joins Shannon.
- Once CMA becomes part of Shannon Clinic, all visit information will be captured in EPIC – the Shannon Electronic Medical Record System. You can access our patient portal – MyChart – by registering for an account at shannonhealth.org
How can I set up a Shannon MyChart account?
To register for a new account, go to mychart.shannonhealth.org and select SIGN UP NOW. After your account is activated, you may continue to access MyChart using this web address. You can also download the Shannon MyChart app for Android and Apple devices. To see more about MyChart features, visit mychart.shannonhealth.org.
Where should I call if I have a question about my bill?
Please contact our Shannon Business Office at 325-657-5307. One of our customer service representatives will be happy to assist you.
Who should I contact regarding a bill for previous services from Community Medical Center or Community Medical Associates?
For services provided by Community (prior to joining Shannon), you will need to contact the former facility owner regarding your account balance. For questions and to speak with a customer service representative, please use the numbers below:
- Community Medical Center (hospital) Billing Service: 866-405-0119
- Community Medical Associates (clinic) Billing Service: 877-848-1547
Will Shannon accept my insurance plan?
Yes. Shannon intends to honor all existing insurance plans and patients can receive care at either facility. We expect this will expand access to local providers and specialists for many patients.
Will all of my scheduled appointments still be on my provider’s schedule?
Yes, all of your appointments with your CMA providers are still on their schedule. You should not expect any disruption to your scheduled care.
Can I see other Shannon doctors now that my insurance is accepted at Shannon? How do I schedule appointments with other providers?
Yes. Patients may see any provider within our expanded Shannon network. Most insurance plans require you to obtain a referral from your primary care provider to see a specialist. We suggest you contact your PCP to inquire about a referral to a specific provider. You may also contact the office of any Shannon provider for additional information.
Can I still make appointments on the website?
The Shannon MyChart patient portal allows patients to conveniently schedule appointments online with their family practice provider and also request appointments with a specialist. For more information on setting up a MyChart account, visit mychart.shannonhealth.org
If I have already scheduled or registered for a procedure, will I need to do that again?
- Since the Shannon South Campus is a “new” facility on the first day of our shared integration, patients who have previously pre-registered for a procedure at the hospital may need to complete registration again so we can accurately capture your information in the Shannon records system. Our registration team at the Shannon South campus will contact you with next steps if you need to re-register. We appreciate your patience with this process.
- Patients who are admitted in the hospital on Day 1 of our integration will be registered again into the Shannon records system. Our nursing and registration staff will complete this process with them.
- The Shannon Clinic South locations (former CMA) will transition over to our Epic electronic medical records system on the first day. During this time, patients may be asked for additional documentation and experience slight delays as our teams adjust to the new system. We appreciate your patience as we work to enhance your experience and care.
Provider Contact Info/Locations
Will my provider’s office still be in the same building/location?
- The Community Medical Associates buildings will be re-named as they will become part of Shannon Clinic. CMA 1 will be Shannon Clinic South 1; CMA 2 will be Shannon Clinic South 2 and CMA 3 will be Shannon Clinic South 3.The offices will also maintain the same phone numbers at this time.
- All of the services within the hospital building remain in the same location at this time.
Will the hospital departments and providers still have the same phone numbers?
Yes. We are not changing the existing phone numbers at this time. You may access a full listing of our locations and provider directory on our website at shannonhealth.com.
Where do I call if I need to reach my provider outside of office hours?
The Shannon Medical Exchange service will provide coverage to contact providers for after-hours emergent needs. Their contact number is 325.481.2002. If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please contact 9-1-1.
May I have my labs drawn at any Shannon location now?
Any labs ordered by a Shannon Clinic South (former CMA) provider will be accessible in our Shannon Epic system. Patients may visit any of our lab locations to have their labs drawn. To request information on testing requirements, call 325. 481.2050. For a complete list of our lab locations and hours, visit shannonhealth.com/labs.
Are both emergency rooms open? Can I choose which one I go to?
Yes, we are not changing any services at this time at the Shannon South Campus. The Emergency Room is still providing the same services to patients. Patients may choose to seek care at either facility.
If I need to be admitted to the hospital, which one will I go to?
Your admitting provider will determine to which facility you will be admitted. If you have specific questions, we recommend contacting your provider’s office.
Are there any changes to my membership at the Health Club?
The facility will be renamed as the Shannon Health Club, but there are no changes to the services or membership provisions at this time. We look forward to continuing the great programs offered by the facility and staff.